Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Poof Monster and the Angelic (ahem) Boy

POOF! You under monster's power! Give monster cookies!

This is an illustration I did for LAST week's Illustration Friday. The theme was "Poof" but it took me too long to draw, paint, photograph (I would love to scan for the better image, but I am still waiting for that advancement) and post. And then POOF! Friday came and went and came again.

But I thought I would post it anyway. G loved the sketch, particularly the polkadots in the background. He called them bubbles and pretended to pop them. Maybe he loved the monster picture because he saw himself in it. I don't know why he might feel that way. That Poof Monster has nothing in common with my lovely and angelic son.
He definitely offers up some inspiration. I like to use his aesthetic sense as a sounding board, actually. He had an opinion about the Sail painting, too, saying it needed more color when I showed it to him in only blue and white. Maybe I'll show it to him again, because I think it's a little off... something about the flying girl does not seem finished to me. Maybe G will know what it needs. My little monster has opinions, he does.

And actually, he's into lollipops, lately, not cookies. Probably because I rarely give him lollipops. Something about the rare, treaty goodness. I bet he'd like to be able to poof me into giving him candy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm under the monster's power in this house... or maybe it is the popsicle monster? Either way I'm getting growled at.

Unknown said...

the resemblance is uncanny....and perfectly wonderful! You keep going Warrior Girl!!

Anonymous said...

i can see why your little boy likes it :-) it's a delightful illustration!

Christy Amular said...

What a cheery poof monster! He's so cute!

Your little boy is a cutie! Those curly tumbly blonde locks are just so angelic. :)

A M Persand said...

SCARY... gorgeous monster, great work

Anonymous said...

I love your monster. And your boy is so lovely. That picture tells so much about him - he exudes life and energy! Good for him! May he keep that with him always.

Anonymous said...

I dig the bubbles, the monster - love that his name is Poof! - your adorable little lollipop monster and cookies...Give Natasha cookies.

So fun...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...