Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Flying Girl: Sail

So here's my entry into the Illustration Friday prompt. This week it's "Sail." I thought I would go with the idea that I have been exploring for many years now, Flying Girl. However, this time, she is not just flying through space on her own, she has a conveyance that can yoke the power of the wind. How will this sail boat affect her journey? Is that a storm system building in the distance? Will the boat help her make it through the rough seas/skies ahead?

Golden Fluid Acrylics, Pen, Faber-Castell Pitt artist pen.

8 comments:

Solvere volo said...

I'm sure she will make it! I love your style

jena strong said...

This reminds me of the children's book writer/illustrator Arthur Dorros (Abuela, Isla...). Do you know his work?

Nicola said...

A beautiful, expansive image

Unknown said...

i am so impressed, and if I wasn't a bit intimidated by illustration friday, I might try it.

hell, I should just try it. You wanna remind me this friday?

Donna Gotlib said...

Does she make it? I want to know what happens next. Nice work.

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's really great. LOVE the blue. And the waves. And the girl. And the city. Just the whole thing is wonderful!

Sugar Jones said...

Beautiful!

I think the storms have a way of blowing us to places we might have needed to go... what is the makeup of the sail? Is it woven with supportive friends? Past experiences? The love of a child? Then the conveyance shall serve you well.

I just popped over to Illustration Friday. Looks very cool... love all of these blogs that allow for creativity to flow. I especially love that they give you something to aim for, like an actual day of the week.

Anonymous said...

I love Flying Girl's hair...it's wild and fabulous...actually she's kinda fabulous and it's that fabulousness that will carry her through anything the Universe throws her way.

If Flying Girl needs a theme song here, Enya's song Sail Away is playing in my head...it's stuck on repeat and I haven't heard it in year! Hahahaha

Great work, kiddo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...