Sunday, November 02, 2008

Flying Girl in the Story or Blue Fairy

Flying Girl in the Story or Blue Fairy
11/1/08
Golden Fluid Acrylics

Flying Girl is back!

Of course, I happen to be so confused right now it isn't funny. I have so many things going on and have just finished up so many things that I feel as if my feet are too big and I am trying to navigate a tiny footpath through the brambles... perhaps that is the vines that FG is flying over. My story is part of it. I am trying to write my way in. I do have 3965 words, so I am ahead of myself in word count, but my brain seems sort of brambly. How do I organize all the ideas and words into a story?

I find I am looking more into shaping my story, this nano, than in just getting the word count. Perhaps this is the benefit from working on revision for the last year or so. I am still just writing off of the tips of my fingers, but I find myself going back, looking at what I have already done, inserting scenes and so on. Still no deleting. Deleting does not forward the Nano project, but I realize from the outside that my words written here will not necessarily be in the final book.

I have been taking some time to myself today, to try to get some of this work done. Demanding, even. Just little bits, but they add up. Hopefully, when this weekend of familial obligations is done, I can go back to my routine and will feel a little more orderly. Perhaps all this work will seem to take on a shape instead of just a wild untamed mess.

Just like the novel.

Just like life.

8 comments:

sarah said...

beautiful.

soulbrush said...

is that for nanowrimo? i have sort of started too....that feeling of sinking, or just keeping afloat is what spurs us on to great things...you go girl!

LissaBee Creations said...

I love the colors you used for this FG painting.

Annie said...

beautiful!

Melissa said...

Ooooo, She's lovely. The colors bring a sense of calm to me.

I like what's in the book 'bird by bird' ~ "just take it bird by bird buddy". You'll be sailing over those brambles any time now.

~Fly girl fly~
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Bird by Bird is an awesome book - second Melissa's sentiments.

I love this flying girl...there's something calming about her.

Anonymous said...

I love your flying girl, the colors, the shapes... beautiful!

Unknown said...

MUST. HAVE. THIS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...