Monday, November 03, 2008

Flying Girl and the Brainwaves, or Fashion Pattern

Flying Girl and the Brainwaves, or Fashion Pattern
11/2/08
Golden Fluid Acrylics and Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pen
AEDM #2

nanowrimo count 5124 words. (2594-11/2/08)

Such a busy day visiting grandma and other family things. It's amazing how living your life can get in the way of your routine. Without my routine, I get kind of confused. Or maybe it's a cold on the horizon, or daylight savings or the fallout from Halloween and a small vacation.

Ah, I suppose it doesn't matter, really. Life is not about routines and organization, although it can help move it forward. The more we grasp onto keeping our routines and rules straight and fast, the more we have to struggle with the elastic and organic nature of life. Just like riding the waves... if you fight the rise and fall, you become overwhelmed, but if you go with it, it takes you where you want to go. Not that I know how to surf, but I like the metaphor.

I wonder if my thoughts on the waves of life and the sometimes intense chaos of living have something to do with the FG painting. It wasn't my intent, really. I saw a picture in an old shelter magazine with a printed chair against a zig zag background, and I liked the way it looked, so I thought I'd try it. This wasn't a deep meaning painting, just an experiment.

It's not my favorite, but I do think it's interesting the way you can find meaning in randomness. Hm. Meaning in randomness. Order in chaos. Creation from living.

Hmm.

And how is your busy month of November gearing up?

7 comments:

soulbrush said...

i too like routine, but the odd day here and there of free thinking isn't a bad thing.

sandy said...

Nice job, much movement feeling. I keep hearing about these pens..Must check them out.

Pitt pens, and gel pens, etc...

It's fun discovering new places through AEDM.

Jul said...

I'm very impressed you're doing both AEDM and NaNoWriMo.

I do love how creative November is turning out to be!

Leah said...

love the pattern! and yes, i think bits of our subconscious mind come out in our art whether or not we are intending them to!

Leacayoungart said...

nice work.

Querulous Squirrel said...

Lovely blog I found through Shelly, with it's balance of visual and verbal. I, too, am doing Nanowrimo (draftsforsquirrel) if you want any more buddies. And I, too, am impressed you are doing both. I still haven't figured how to get my art onto my blog and in a way don't want to get started with yet another "thing" to obsess about, as anything I do requires a good deal of obsession. Nevertheless, I am making it and I'm the only one that sees it for now. And my spouse, kids, cats.

carin.c said...

Cool zig zag pattern! Yes all this creativity is wreaking havoc on my routine... or possibly routine had been wreaking havoc on my creativity??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...