Monday, May 04, 2009

What I See When I Stop and Look

What I See When I Stop and Look
Mixed Media on Moleskine Paper, 5x8"

I am running behind myself. So sorry if anyone was waiting for this post.

As I pointed out in an earlier post, I have been kind of funking, but I keep going. It just seems a little harder to keep things going sometimes.

To combat my funk, one day this weekend, I thought about the May prompt of "nature" for Creative Everyday, and when Jess Gonacha on Pecanoot suggested we let go of our stones, I pretty much dropped my to do list and my anxiety and took my maya*made portable art studio out into the garden and just drew something pretty... without worrying about meaning or choosing the right thing or inspiration. I just did. And I had a beer while the kids napped.

It's Pitt artist pens and watercolor pencils and a rollerball pen and a titch of acrylic when I needed some light in there. It reminds me of a Van Gogh I once reproduced in college art class. And it also reminds me of a teal oriental patterned comforter I had when I was little. I don't know why, but it's comforting.

Just so you know, this is my grapefruit tree. The one that furnishes yummy pink fruits all winter long which make a great addition to margaritas. :) Or you know, healthy snacks which you can then sketch when you are through with them.

Another reason I am late posting is that I was working on the painting prompted by my Inspire Me Prompt give away. I haven't quite finished it. But it's there. And I know who the winner is.

Actually, it's two winners. One painting, but both prompts fed into the inspiration... so I've decided that TWO of you creative maestras will be receiving prints. Yay!

You must wait in anticipation a little bit longer, though. I want to finish this painting.

I'm a little devil, ain't I?

PS Thanks Maureen

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful my friend!

And I love your Passion Quest idea, I think I may have to rename the title of my paper.


Great minds....


Hope your funk passes soon, I'm still in a bit of one with the painting.

aquamaureen said...

You are welcome, you little devil . . . amazing that a little devil can produce such a luminous piece of art like today's offering . . .

Genie Sea said...

What a delightful painting. It captures the texture and the joy of the tree. The colors on the leaves are magical.

It's a wonderful thing letting go of those stones :)

I anticipate the painting! Somehow I missed the giveaway, boo on me!

Heather Jerdee said...

Afternoons like that are so needed and they are great. I've had to have a few like that myself lately. The colors in this painting are so rich and spring feeling. :)

septembermom said...

Beautiful colors and perspective! Glad that you are hopefully feeling renewed creatively.

Loni Edwards said...

Very nice! Yes, I do see an impressionistic style to it. I love the colors!

Eco Yogini said...

I LOVE this painting- it is so natural and beautiful :)

What a wonderfully creative soul!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...