Thursday, November 18, 2010

Play a Game

Pin the Nose on the Clown, impromptu party game
sharpie on craft paper, recycled food raisin box, blue tacky stuff.
AEDM 17

Where have I been. Blah.

I've been doing stuff but having no time to post it. Or perhaps I've been lazy. Possibly the latter.

I came home intending to finish a project yesterday, and instead was roped into creating a kids party in the kids' bedroom, with party games, snacks and well, that's about it.

I never did get to finish my project, which is still sitting on my desk, awaiting glitter.

And meanwhile, my projects to be done are racking up. And so is my anxiety.

Ah, but a lot of that anxiety is manufactured. A lot of my deadlines are manufactured. I have plenty of room to rearrange my to do list and to rearrange my headspace.

I present that same sort of freedom to you.

Take a look at all the things on your to do list and see what you can reprioritize. What can you knock off the list until next week? or completely? What, if completed first, would reduce your stress level and give you room to breathe? Is there anything you can delegate to others? Is there anything you need to do first to leave space for following projects.

Take a deep breath and pay attention to how you make things harder on yourself.

Give yourself a break.

Play a game. Remember what you're doing all this for.

3 comments:

nanke's stuff said...

You chose wisely when you did the impromptu party for the children. When they're grown and gone, you'll have more time than you know to finish all sorts of things. Good for you for having your priorities right! nancy

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Parties are fun, impromptu parties are memorable. :)

Stella said...

Man, I wish you were my mom.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...