Monday, November 22, 2010

I am the Eggman

I Am The Egg Man
eggs, pretzels, olives, salt and pepper.

Koo Koo Kachoo.

I am crazy right now. In the middle of projects and all. And also, to be honest, when I got an unexpected break in a deadline, well, I did absolutely nothing. That's right. No creativity. No writing. No painting. No sewing. No nada. Sat on the couch and let myself be a shlub.

Because there comes a time when you have to let yourself off the hook.

So I don't have a lot of stuff here. Actually, I have a few more things to show, but I'll save it for another day, because I have not been able to post as often, due to said deadlines.

But I did make Ivy a gingerbread man egg for breakfast. So she didn't eat it. What can I say. I'm used to it. But I made it. Cracked an egg into a cookie cutter and let it cook. Simple as that. Then I added the olive slice eyes and pretzel house.

Oh by the way, wordcount on nanowrimo? 44436, almost 50k. But I have not been able to write consistently, what with life taking over. It figures. All those months with nothing to do, and this is the month I choose to write a novel. But, with all of the writing, I've also started to write my way around to the novel that is closer to the one I want to write.

Boy, this process stuff is hard.

But then, I think this process stuff is life.

I think perhaps that enjoying the process, including the craziness, the challenges, the deadlines is part of how we find happiness.

A painting is not just the piece of art I end up with, not for me. It is also about how I come to that painting, and the act of painting, and the thoughts that created that painting.

Life is in the living. Creating is the process.

Koo Koo Kachoo.

5 comments:

Julie Jordan Scott said...

I feel like I need to be let off the hook. Why not by me? Ugh.

Perhaps your blog post is about permission, for me. Yes, all about me. Tee hee hee hee.

My aedm2010 check in.

Rowena said...

It is totally all about you. I always think that if I am experiencing something, someone else out there is, too.

You are off the hook. Let yourself off the hook.

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

That egg man is wayyyyy cool! :D

Priscilla said...

Love the egg man, I think I might borrow that this weekend for the kids..thank you for sharing..it is actually very creative.

Stella said...

wait a second...even you EGGS are creative!

man oh man...I know I shouldn't compare my talents to you...but sometimes....


:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...