Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Little Crooked House. A Little Bit of Magic

There was a crooked house...

I just like this crooked house. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Right now I'm working hard trying to create the kind of crooked, cozy house I want for myself and my family.

On the search for a little place to call our own and send down some roots.

I've been rather gypsy like for the last couple of years, and not really because I wasn't in one place, but because I was thinking I should be somewhere other than where I was. I put things off. I resisted really living because I wanted to save it all for some day in the future, when things were as they should be.

But the truth is, things are as they are, whether we want them to be something or not. It doesn't help us to be dissatisfied with our lives and wish we had different ones.

This does not mean, please note, that we give up on creating the life we want. But it does mean we honor where we are, and who we are, right now.

How does this work? I don't know, I'm still figuring it out. It's very difficult to stay present and be in the moment, in the present life, and yet continue to set those goals and take steps towards them.

I guess it really is all about the journey. And the journey is right now.

As for my little house, I've decided this year is all about manifesting, and making real all the things that I have wanted for so long. One of the things I want is a cozy, comfortable home full of love and creativity and growth. And so here they are, being manifested underneath my fingertips. (And don't worry, I'm working on them in real life, too. It's a little bit of magic, the way art can become reality.)

How odd, then, that one of my first big lessons of the year is that I need to be present, I need to be here, and I have to live in the life that I am given. Pay attention to my immediate surroundings and immediate tasks and those who are here in front of me. They say love is, after all, simply attention.

There might be something profound in that, my friends. We might never reach our dreams and happiness if we don't accept and love who we are, and where we are right now, flaws and all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...