Friday, February 11, 2011

Heart and Needle

Heart, Sewn
felt, thread.

Here comes Valentines.

*yay*

Sorry. I'm not a Valentines fan. I love the chocolate, and that it means spring is coming soon, but it is not my favorite holiday.

However, I have kids, and I don't have to infect them with my eyerolling too early. So I want to do some Valentines crafts this weekend, maybe help the boy make some cards for his classmates. Maybe sew them some little hearts to hang from their pockets and backpacks. Oh I don't know.

But I do kind of like the way this little unfinished felt heart looks on the old sweater. The threads curling off of the side, pierced by the needle.

A kind of crafty version of Cupid's arrow...

No, do not despair, I am not growing soft and mushy.

Anyway, Happy Valentines Day, whether you are a romantic, or an old grump like me.

2 comments:

Stella said...

This image brought out the romantic in me. The old grump should return by this afternoon when I have to chaperone the High School Sweethearts Dance :)

fifa 14 ps3 coins said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...