Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Lots of Ideas and Flying Girl Enters the Picture

Williamsburg, Brooklyn: A Journey/Winesburg, Ohio by Sherwood Anderson
An Altered Book, mixed media, 2003

Chapter 7: Ideas
God
Confusion
bounded in a nutshell
love
freedom
fame & success
destruction& rebirth
fear
the notes of a.... song
where I am from where I am going
crazy
believe
the word
Art
joy
strive
spiderweb
dreams
community
work
yes
sleep
possibility


Hey. The ideas spinning through my head 6 years ago are still spinning through my head today.

And right now they are a cloud of ideas, a mish mosh, a cluttered landscape.

Notice, if you please, the tiny Flying Girl on the top right hand of the book. I told you she was not a new idea for me.

So, what to do when your brain is full of ideas, none of which seem to be concrete? None of which seem to be coming to fruition?

You, well, I take baby steps. I plan out the list of things to do. I write out the dreams and the steps I need to take to get there. I remember that the only way to accomplish things is little by little. I remember that all those little steps add up to the journey.

I guess I need to do some planning and listing and organizing and delegating and prioritizing of my lovely ideas/goals.

I know I do. The more I understand all that I have to do, the more I will feel capable of accomplishing the really big things I want.

Step by step. If those ladders didn't have steps in them, they'd just be poles sticking up out of the ground and they would be so much harder to climb.

2 comments:

Natasha said...

This is so right on...I find that when I go step by step or start to play more creativity bubbles up ..it's a cool process...I'm off to plan a story hehee like you can plan that...you imagine a road but you always end up someplace new don't you?

Shona Cole said...

I agree, lists and planning all vital to getting things done. I love to be full of ideas, but it is even better to tick them off the list! No one else is going to do it for us.

I like how your mind works :) I am planning to do interviews on my blog in the new year with artistic mothers, would you be interested? shonacole@aol.com

thanks for stopping by my blog and 'signing up'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...