Thursday, April 12, 2007

Hibernation Over (hopefully)

I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted.

I guess I've been hibernating for the winter. Well, that and having a baby.

Ivy was born on March 2, and she was in such a rush she was born at home! Not intentionally. I actually was getting dressed to go to the hospital and had one sock on when she came. I was only in labor for about 2 and a half hours from the first twinge until she was born. Maybe if I hadn't been in false labor for a month, I would have left the house earlier, but my contractions had, until this point, all disappeared after an hour.

Everything ended up just fine, though, and if I had left for the hospital, that baby might just have come along in a taxi on the Williamsburg Bridge.

Since March 2, I've been recovering-- which has gone pretty easily, and getting accustomed to being the mother of two children under two years of age. I haven't quite figured out how to do it well, but it's not as bad as I was fearing.

I've also been suffering from terrible baby-brain. I can't recall common words, I can't speak in whole sentences, I can't read a book at all. Hmm, most of my difficulties have to do with speech and words. Interesting. Maybe that's the part of my brain that has shrunk. Or maybe that's what distresses me, since my life is all about words-- or it used to be. Now it's all about babies.

I'm hoping that now I've reached that six week post partum mark things will start getting better/easier. It doesn't hurt that Spring is here, even if it is cold and wet, it's Spring. Life wakes back up in Spring, and I'm aiming for the same thing to happen to me.

Viva la Springtime!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...