Monday, December 01, 2008

Girl Learns to Fly, or Saying Yes

Girl Learns to Fly, or Saying Yes
11/30/08
Golden Fluid Acrylics on canvas. 6"x6"

I had fun doing this one. Inspired where? By what? Don't know. It came from all over, like, for instance, the softies I want to make for my kids for Christmas, or from various artists on etsy, and probably from half a dozen folks on my googlereader. It was like the soup was just simmering all day and turned out to be this. Plus, when I had done my sketch, I turned to my uncle and said, "what color shall I paint the bird?" And he said, "black and gold." and I nearly fell over in response. Those were so not the colors that I would pick by myself, but I saw in my head what it could be. So I gave it a go.

I do not know what kind of bird this is. A bird of imagination, I guess. And the girl surprised me by being a girl, and brunette, and in pink. I had thought it would be a boy in red and white stripes. Here's to the creative process. When the gold and black bird arose, the rest of the idea had to change.

As for me, I feel lighter now that nanowrimo and AEDM are over. Even nablopomo... which I could not sign on to and so was not officially doing, but I still had it in my mind to post every day for a month. I feel my mind flittering off into the future, whether that future is 24 days away, or next year, or 2 years from now.

I'm thinking Christmas presents. I'll be making a lot, I think, so may not post paintings that are going to people who may discover them. I'm thinking about my night time creativity routine. I'm thinking about finishing and revising my novels, and about finding an agent. I'm thinking about setting up my etsy shop... yes, I've been thinking about that forever, but it's getting closer. I just received my printer this afternoon! I've been thinking about pulling together all those ideas that have been floating about my head for eons and making them come real.

This is about manifesting.

And I realized recently I am pretty good at manifesting the reality I want to be living. All that needs to be done is I set my mind to it-- it's called commitment, people-- and take the proper steps. That's all.

And saying "yes" when life offers up opportunities to grow.

PS I've got two new sites where you can find me. Burning Lines, a group writing experiment, and my new blog, small and heartfelt, which is where I am putting all my "stuff." Not what I am creating, but the stuff I am loving: sites, photos, art, fashion and decorating, recipes, crafts, even some wedding and holiday hosting ideas.

6 comments:

Umā said...

that's a lovely bird.

Anonymous said...

such a sweet painting, i love it.

i am trying to say YES as often as I can... what a powerful word it is!

Robynsart said...

You are a source of inspiration to me... there's an award awaiting you at my blog.

Karen Salva said...

I would so buy this....hmmm too bad you don't have an Etsy shop....ma ha ha ha (evil laugh)

Anonymous said...

I just opened my Etsy shop today and can't wait till you are there too so I can heart you and buy that painting I keep nagging you about!

I love this post...it has a very different feel. There's freedom here I haven't seen in while. I dig it

Unknown said...

your energy and creation and awareness amaze me my friend!!!!! I can't keep up! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...