Sunday, December 07, 2008

Make a Robot Gift

Robot with 8 Arms, 8 Legs and 8 Antennae
12/5/08
pen on paper

Where have I been? What have I been up to?

I've been taking a break from Flying Girls and Oracles and Painting, but I have been crazy creative.

As soon as AEDM and Nano ended, I remembered about Christmas.

I switched over from my personal art to gift making. And also making things with and for my kids.

So far this month, I have made play clay, made play clay snowmen with the kids, and a Santa Hat, and a Christmas tree. I have made a crown... which was supposed to be for the girl, but she didn't like it, so it became an evil robot king crown. I love duct tape, styrofoam and cardboard. And a Halloween cape.

I made some softies for the kids presents, I made chicken soup from scratch, I made snowflakes with the kids. Lots of making, many things that I am still working on.

And I also made a song with the melody from "Silent Night" but the words altered to be about children sleeping through the night until 8am. That morning they actually slept until 8am? Coincidence or the magic of the Christmas Season? You decide.

Oh, and I designed the above Robot... destined, with his fellows, to become a Christmas gift painting for the boy-- which is why I'm using this for Inspire Me Thursday's prompt of "Make a Gift". This is his Robot Christmas. Ask him what he wants, and he says "Robot!" In fact, he helped me design the above robot. He drew a sketch and told me how many arms, legs, eyes and antennae it should have. I complied. I'd show you the sketch, but it got colored in. The complete painting is still under wraps. Hmm. And I'm going to make a softie robot, based on Martha's doll (Ivy will get a doll softie) and I think I need to design that robot before I start on it. Hmm. Much more gift making to do.

I don't know how much personal painting I will get to do this month. And I haven't even touched my novel. For shame.

Well, it's okay to take a step back now and again... although I did want to keep up my noveling. Hm. Grump.

7 comments:

jena strong said...

Oh but for a spoonful of your creativity!

Christy Amular said...

Yay! Way to go rowena! happy happy holidays!

soulbrush said...

and what a fun idea too, nice to have a break then go back to something, i do so enjoy your fg.

Charlie said...

wow! You are have so many wonderful creative ideas. Hopefully we can see the finished robot one day. Don't be too hard on yourself. It will all get done.

Anonymous said...

WOW, my boy would absolutly LOVE that. He is all about robots, too. Especially evil ones. :)

Deb G said...

What fun! I'm crafting like mad too. I probably will be until the last minute....

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

Robot Christmas is AWESOME!! Too cute. And I could use the lyrics to Silent Night to woo my little one to sleep in as well...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...