Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Home/Play

Homes
Paperclay, about an inch to an inch and a half tall

I made these last night. I recently bought a pack of paperclay to experiment with, inspired by Elsita's dolls. I tried doing a flying girl doll, but it was harder than I thought it would be.

I decided I needed to practice with this new medium, so I sat down with my journal, and asked myself what I wanted to create.

I ended up drawing little houses. House after house. And there underneath, wrote "home"

Right away, I unzipped my baggie of paperclay (which must stay moist, even while you are sculpting) and started molding my little houses.

Paperclay is interesting. It is like playdough mixed with ashes and paper fibers. Kind of cool, but there is a learning curve. I haven't quite figured it out yet. But I'm having fun making my little houses while I do learn.

I love miniatures. I love sculpting. I love keeping my fingers busy. Fun.



Ivy through the screen door

Other people had fun, too, on this humid Spring day.



Gabriel Smudged by the Light of the Storm


We played outside and inside when it rained.


Teaching Ivy to Make Beads (she made these all by herself out of playdough... well, I made one of them.)

And let's just say that I didn't create these things in a vacuum. The kids saw me and wanted their own playdough.

I showed Ivy how to make beads. She did most of these completely by herself. And they both tried to make little houses out of clay, too.

When you are willing to be a beginner, to explore and play, good things happen.

When you are open to what is actually there for you in your life, happiness happens.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...