Saturday, January 02, 2010

Sparkle and Realize

Sparkle!

My word for the new year, the one to remember, is REALIZE

I want this word to remind me to realize where I am in the moment, to pay attention to the living.

I also want this word to remind me to REAL-IZE the goals I have been holding onto for so long.

Ugh, I don't want to announce it because I'm afraid someone will hold me to it. That ofcourse means I must announce it.

[trumpets trumpeting]

This is the year that I will tackle publishing.

It sounds pretty lame when I hear it. I mean, I don't say I am going to be on the best seller lists here, or be rich and famous, I just say I'm going to "tackle publishing."

Well, what can I say, I feel the need not to be attached to the outcome. I need to concern myself with the process of the goal. I need to do my research. I need to revise my book. I need to send work out. I need to look for an agent. I need to give myself small, manageable goals. Baby steps.

Have I said this before? I probably have, but I need to reiterate it all for myself so that I remember.

I don't consider this a New Years Resolution.

Goals aren't just for New Years. Goals are things you work on year round, and they evolve. Sometimes on a daily basis. Goals are the way I figure out what I'm doing. Goals are the way I carve out my actions from my chaotic life.

I like my lists and they are not bounded by the New Years.

Ack!

It's time to start dinner. I should have made a to do list today so that I could hit all my goals in a timely-ish manner.

Oh well, no time to make this tighter.

Oh yeah, and one thing more. I think I'm going to try to do a small piece of art for every day in January. I have just found my hands empty far too many nights, and have been avoiding the paints.

I'm putting that one out there, too.

A painting/drawing a day. Yeah.

Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby steps - oh how I love them!!

Happy New Year!!
Kelley

Natasha said...

LOL!! Oh my friend it's so very good to be back...I LOVE this post...tackling publishing is huge and wonderful and something you should be doing...yes, I will hold you to it in the sense that I will follow along, cheer, offer anything I can and hope that you succeed...with baby steps I believe you will....good for you....you've given words to things I want like to go after my dreams the one you so aptly mentioned running from in your comment on my blog....I NEED to do that ...just as I need to finish projects and realize the moment before me.....we are on a similar path ...in fact I like sparkle as my word if you don't mind sharing...I like the idea of making each moment sparkle in its own right.....good luck to you....YOU can do it...you've proven that you can anything you put your mind to ...so paint and write and tackle....because you can! Happy New Year BIG hug to you!!

Genie Sea said...

Fabulous goals! May the journey to reaching them be fun, rewarding and happy. :)

Beverley Baird said...

What a great word of intention!
May 2010 be filled with art and wishes fulfilled!
Happy New Year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...