Thursday, January 07, 2010

I feel like crap today (and I'm mean to my kids)


I feel like crap today (and I'm mean to my kids)
What I Wore Today: January 7, 2010
paper pen and marker, 8x5 journal

Okay so today I woke up feeling like I had to stop being such a shlub. Feelin glike it was time to get back to business. Wake up and work and take care of things and start pulling it all back together.

Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of a cold. It's not the worst cold in the world (knock on wood) but I'm still cranky and achey and I cad't breade true by dose.

But I still showered and dressed in real clothes, not the long underwear that I put on two days ago as my regular daily outfit. I swear, I woke up and dressed up in underwear. I had a thought that I should maybe start doing photos and/or drawings of my outfits, just so work at home, stay at home mom me in the middle of a snow storm in Michigan would not go around in underwear in slippers every day.

Okay, well, I'm still in slippers. They're purple terry cloth with little pink roses embroidered on them, but you're just going to have to take my word on that.

See here's another aspect of the REALIZE theme for my year... I need to take care of the daily realities of life, whether that is cooking and shopping and feeding my kids or paperwork or making sure I'm healthy or staying in touch with friends and family or getting dressed in real clothes or doing laundry. See, 'cause all that stuff, that's real life. Just because I'd prefer to read or write or draw doesn't mean I can ignore the real details of life.

Real life is about living in the details, as well as shooting for the dreams. How to balance that?

Still working on that.

I was doing some plans for my calendar, which is kind of turning into a sort of twelve week curriculum for living my life as I want to. I have to remember to put daily realities in there as well as goal setting. I have to also remember to put relaxation and joy in my schedule.

Why is it we so often forget to schedule in time for pleasure in all those obligations we give ourselves?

3 comments:

alisha said...

"See, 'cause all that stuff, that's real life. Just because I'd prefer to read or write or draw doesn't mean I can ignore the real details of life."

Sigh. I'm having trouble with this also. When I try to spend time doing those things when the kids are awake, they always end up requiring my full attenting which then leaves me angry and frustrated.

khairun said...

I make it a point to do the dishes and a load of laundry right before I go to bed. When I wake up I always do the bed, get dressed and unload the dishwasher and the washingmachine.
If my plans for the day are totally rearranged by my little one (as it was today:dreaded diaper rash)the most I can do is this. It keeps me feeling 'centred' and less likely to get distracted from my creative time.

khairun said...

...didn't feel very centred today unfortunately..:(
I guess we can't schedule creativity for the same reason we can't schedule our responses to unpredictable situations ie. getting sick and the dreaded diaper rash.
Which got worse :((

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...