Sunday, August 29, 2010

Solo Flights and Community Fairs

Ivy on the Carousel
casio exilim digital camera
78/100 in 100 days creative challenge

This weekend has been so busy I haven't had much time to be creative. I worked, my best friend from High School came to visit, I cooked pot roast, there was a parade, and we went to the community fair.

So I was getting ready to skip posting this weekend. And then I thought, well, hey, why don't I post a couple fair shots.

And then, I couldn't in good conscience ignore the photos as part of my creative output when, well, I took them, and edited them and posted them.

Why don't I ever count my photos as part of my creative output? For that matter, I never count my blog entries as part of my creative output. And I made dinner from scratch, a pot roast with coffee sauce (don't scoff, it's surprisingly easy and good.) I also turned my partially finished basement room into a cozy guest room, and I didn't count that either.

I suppose I am starting to value the creativity that I use on a daily basis. That's quite and achievement. Now I have to work on celebrating my various accomplishments.


Gabriel on his first solo flight
79/100 in 100 days creativity challenge

I wanted to also show you this photo.

Gabriel was big enough and old enough to get in this little plane and go for a ride all by himself. I was far more nervous about it than he was.

Call me a silly mama, but I imagined this as practice for his soon to be solo flight into kindergarten.

A thing to celebrate, not just for him, but for me. I managed to raise a kid who was ready to go out into the world and be a big kid. Not a baby. Hurrah. What a long way you've come. I'm not going to get all weepy. I swear.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...