Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ivy the Girl


Ivy The Girl
Casio Exilim 7.2mp
63/100 in 100 days creative challenge

A quick post before I run to work today.

I did a little photo shoot with Ivy yesterday and this morning, I tried to do some editing for black and white.

I did a photo shoot of Gabriel once, but for some reason, his fair coloring and the orange shirt he wore did not work out for the black and white, so I never posted any of the resulting photos. That of course is ANTI my challenge, because my 100 in 100 creativity challenge is supposed to include the imperfect, the odd media, and the experiment.

So WHY am I still not counting some of the work I have done in the past couple of months?

Oh because being an artist is mainly about struggling with your own inner demons, your gremlins, your vampires. It's about telling the stories of your soul, and documenting the travels of your life and imagining the future and dissecting your dreams and sometimes just going with the flow without any deep meaning. But to get to all that, you have to get through your insecurities and fears and neuroses and self critical tendencies that say things like "that doesn't count," or "you're not good enough."

So, onwards and upwards. Keep doodling, taking photos, making kid forts, drawing, painting, sculpting, sewing, cooking and everything else that allows that creative urge to get out, whether or not anyone pays for it, or says it's good, or you think it is even important enough to count. It does count. You count.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely photo, black and white is my favorite for portraits. Actually, you have quite inspired me. Although I am very challenged in terms of artistic talent or skill, I intend to begin my own 100 in 100 on Sept 1st!

EVA said...

It does count Rowena!! Bring them on! Let them stand up and be counted!

Ivy is beautiful!! Both the photo and especially your model!

dining room table said...

Indeed! That is a lovely photo. The cute little girl is so photogenic. She has a very peaceful face expression and she has a very fascinating eyes.

Stella said...

I've gotten so behind the last six months....you have a new job? are you liking it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...