Sunday, August 08, 2010



Brown and Cream Bracelet
embroidery floss and yarn
47/100 in 100 days creative challenge, day 7 in August everyday

Don't have much time to post. I almost forgot I was trying to blog every day!

But I made these bracelets, based off of this tutorial. Although she used rope and fancy things like nuts and washers for embellishments. Hers is a belt and would take longer. Mine is just a little ole bracelet. I think it would make a nice necklace, though.

Easy and quick. And when I was done, the girl begged for one (pink! pink! pink!) and the boy begged for one (orange! orange! orange!)
Pink Bracelet for Ivy
48/100 in 100 days creative challenge
yarn and embroidery floss

Here's the pink one. I like the smaller bands of color.Orange Bracelet for Gabriel
49/100 in 100
embroidery floss and yarn
Oh, and I forgot to tell you. The embroidery floss was a yard sale cast off. Someone left some cross stitch kits outside by the curb with a sign that said "free!"

That's my favorite kind of sign.

Actually, now that I think about it, I might use the canvas for some art work. Maybe the teddy bear instructions are not to my liking, but I am kinda digging the contemporary needlework I've seen lately. And I do love more traditional artwork that incorporates fiber art.

Hmmmmmm...

The possibilities are enticing.

1 comment:

Jul said...

Fun! I love free supplies.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...