Saturday, April 01, 2006

Uh Oh! Roadblock!

The past two days, I have not been able to write-- well, not in the novel. I've done journals and blogs and such, but not the novel. And I don't know if I'm going to be able to work up to getting anything done today.

I'd better be careful, because this can lead to the end of the project. I know this, because I have been in this territory before. I must keep the motivation and remember the why's of what I'm doing. Keep up with the To Do lists, I think. This is where having a writing group would help, or at least having a writing buddy-- somebody who's waiting for your next page, who can call you on not writing or talk to you about your problems.

But rather than freaking out about not keeping up to my schedule, I am going to take this as a learning opportunity.

First Question: What is stopping me?

The Answer: I think it's mainly about exhaustion. I don't think it's a coincidence that my not having any ideas or energy to work on them happens at the same time as Gabriel's teething and crying through out the night. Or waking up from naps early, or fussing to be held all day long.

Yeah, you know what. I'm sick. I have a terrible headache and can barely concentrate on this entry.

You know what else? I'm going to give myself a break, relax, and not get down on myself because I'm not productive.

I'm not gonna do the dishes either.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...