Tuesday, November 30, 2010

25 Days of Creativity-- Ready to Go!

25 Days of Creativity
glitter, gesso, acrylic gel medium, pencil, paper bag, paint pen

This holiday season, I am making a real effort to focus on the home made, hand made, creative and non-materialistic things. I'm making gifts and cooking and decorating and hoping to help my kids see that it's not just about getting presents.

And to keep myself from getting overwhelmed by all of the crafting, baking, making, doing, painting, holidaying and ho ho ho-ing, I have decided to take on the challenge of doing one creative, crafty holiday task a day.

And since the online challenges have been such a help to me, I've decided to ask if anyone else wants to join in.

So here are the (loosely defined) rules.

I do solemnly swear that I am up to crafty goodness (or naughtiness).

Every day in the month of December, until the 25th, I will make something crafty/arty/creative/festive.

If I miss a day, I will not panic. I will just keep going, or maybe I'll do two things the next day, or maybe give myself a break. Or maybe I will count that eggnog I made for a party, or the cookies I baked for the kids, or decorating the Christmas tree, or wrapping those presents beautifully.

I will have fun, because this isn't a race or a competition.

I will not freak out with the pressures of the season, and that is why I am giving myself the whole month to get there, day by day.

I will do it bit by bit. And I will count the bits I am doing, even if they aren't perfect/complete/fancy.

I will put my love into my creative endeavors.

I will not put too much pressure on myself to make things perfect, because hand made is loved, and imperfection is lovely.

I will celebrate myself, my creativity, my loved ones and the season with all of the wonderful goodness that is upon us.

I will go with the flow, after making my lists, and see where this adventure takes me.

*** *** ***

So there are my rules if you want to play along.

The only other rules I can think of are to put your name and your blog address in my comments, if you want me to put you in the sidebar, so we can cheer each other along in our creative holiday month. Or if you don't want to commit to a sidebar, you can just put a link to your creative projects in the comments.

I was also thinking about making a pinterest board with my 25 days of creativity project-- in fact I've just done it. Now I will be able to add all the creative projects, with links back to their blog or flickr account. I think it would be a fun place to collect all the projects in one place.

Well. I'm ready for the holidays... are you?

p.s. I finished my nanowrimo 50k words yesterday. woo hoo! Not done with the novel, but I am done with the November challenge. Thank you November. You kicked my butt. See you next year.

8 comments:

EVA said...

You wrote 50000 words as well as all the art and posting you did? Wow!!

Congratulations!!

(I really think AEDM and NaNoWriMo need to fall on different months!)

Morgaine Pendragon said...

Congrats on 50k! That's awesome! I didn't make it. I tried but...oh well there's next year or I can do my own challenge when I feel up to it.

I like you 25 days of art idea. I might just join you on that, if I can figure out things I want to make LOL.

Leah said...

Have fun creating in December. I'm sure it will be a month of beauty!!

So glad you joined in AEDM again, Rowena.

Beverley Baird said...

Congrats on the 50 K! What an achievement!
I love your idea of 25 days of Christmas Creativity!
When my kids were young I created an advent tree that had an activity for each day til Christmas - from tree trimming to singing carols for others to making a special ornament. They loved it as did I. I miss that the most I think! So yes, I would love to join you. I may not be able to post every day, but I will try for something Christmasy every day!
Thanks for the challenge.
Bev
http://bunnysgirl.blogspot.com

Three Owls said...

This is a brilliant plan. I'm in.

Rose said...

Me!I'm in!

Well done on completing NaNoWriMo! I have never gotten very far at all with it.....

Marisa @ Getting Back To Basics said...

Love your advent idea...I hope you don't mind if I steal it to do with my daycare kiddies.

Rowena said...

I'm getting together a sidebar, but because I'm not sure if everyone wants their blog up, or which blog of theirs they want up, if you don't see your blog, but want to participate, just drop me a line. And if you're late to the story, and want to join, just drop me a line.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...