Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Flying Girl Full of Ideas or Life Comes As It Comes

Flying Girl Full of Ideas or Life Comes As It Comes
mixed media on vintage book page
11/17/09

I didn't realize I hadn't posted in so long. Time just skips along out of control, sometimes.

My brain gets all full of the things I have to do, should do, need to do, am afraid to do, want to do, don't get a choice in the matter of doing and all the things I haven't done, can't do, dropped the ball on, etcetera.

What can I say? I'm imperfect and I'm busy and I have ambitions that have nothing to do with my current reality.

For instance, I signed up for Art Everyday Month, even though I knew I was already doing Nanowrimo and raising two kids, one of whom doesn't nap anymore and dealing with extra projects and the daily living and maintenance and family things and AHH!

Well, I signed up for AEDM but I haven't managed to do art every day. But I have managed to be creative everyday. I have been writing every day but one this month (Sunday was the day I skipped) and I have about 30k words and my novel is steaming along. Sometimes I think it's a mess, and sometimes I think it's great. But it's moving. So that's my goal. And sometimes I do some art with my kids and sometimes I cook some food.... like my chocolate cake with mocha cream cheese frosting that was a total whim.

So here is my drawing/painting mixed media piece of a Flying Girl. I like to think that those flowers are coming out of her, but maybe they are sometimes confusing her, or maybe sometimes she is flying in a cloud of flowers coming from all directions. Maybe they are overwhelming her a bit, the way I felt a little overwhelmed this weekend.

Maybe those flowers are all things at once. Maybe that's what life is like. Not a neat metaphor at all, but a crazy growing, shrinking, spinning focused whirl of living.

All I know is that I am moving forward, even within the chaos or the imperfect situations.

That's really all that's required, right? Just keep moving, even if it seems like we're going in circles.

3 comments:

Susie said...

I adore this. She looks so carefree and so opposite of how you are expressing you feel right now. I am so glad you feel you are moving forward. It sounds like you have been sooo busy. 30k words. I can't even imagine. Your life sounds so full and you still had time to do this uplifting piece. Thank you for sharing.

Mitzi said...

Once again you hit the nail on the head. Its nice to know I'm not the only person living in chaos. Perhaps its genetic? LOL Maybe its just the price of living well. Life is definitely not neat and orderly.

linda said...

Lovely piece...love illustration on vintage book pages...just gives it that feel. Great work and thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...