Wednesday, September 09, 2009

What Next?

What Next? (What I Wore Today)
9/9/09
Pitt Artist Pen and pen

So I am done with my self challenge to paint, and I don't really know where to go next.

I mean, I have lots of things to do and many responsibilities and all, but what happens next with my painting? With my art? With my creativity?

Now that I have reached this goal, what do I do with it? What do I do with what I have learned? What do I do with my creative habit?

I don't want to stop painting. I don't want to lose my daily creative habit. But I'd like to expand my definition and my boundaries.

I also have to maintain my etsy shop, and I haven't been doing very well at that. There's so much work to put up and I haven't had the time and/or motivation to do so. I mean, I did have the SWINE FLU, or what I like to think of as the swine flu, and I'm still recovering from whatever it is so there's a reason for falling off of the work. But I still need to get some of these new paintings up there.

I'd like to organize all the work done in these past 100 days. My computer died in the middle of it, so the photos are not all in the same place, but I would like to have them in one place. Maybe Flickr.

It turns out the more that you do, the harder it is to keep the business side of it all organized.

I Finished My 100th Painting in 100 Days Today, (What I Wore Today)
9/8/09
pen and pitt artist pen on paper

But you know what? I am longing to do something more than just paint.

I want to alter an old college tshirt that is too big and baggy for me. I want to finish making some felt toys for the kids. I want to work on some creative games to play. And the biggest thing...

I want to do something with my lonely, neglected novel.

But I don't know what.

I am glad that after this whole ambitious project of mine, I have developed some more faith in my creativity. A year ago, I wouldn't have believed it. I believe it was about a year ago that I embarked on a month long challenge of Flying Girls. I probably have done 300 new paintings/drawings in this last year. And at this point, I don't need to keep my focus so narrowed down onto one theme.

That's fun.

Maybe I'll do some creative journal planning sort of things. Some dreammaking and stepthinking. Visualizing my goals have always helped me. I like charts.

And tonight is the new season of So You Think You Can Dance and Glee. I might just like to paint something on this night. I won't be able to write if I'm watching tv, but I can paint.

I am also having fun doing these sketches of What I Wore. .I whip these up when I am having my morning coffee usually. Plus this project keeps me from choosing the shlub when I get dressed in the morning.

So what happens if I keep drawing/painting every day, but still allow myself to choose other creative activities?

I wonder where I will be and what I will have done a hundred days from today?

4 comments:

aquamaureen said...

Rowena, gotta thank you one more time for your fabulous idea. I can still remember the rumble of scared anticipation when I first heard of your challenge. "Oh, no, I couldn't do that" vied with "Hm . . . , I wonder if I could" and hallelujah, the fear was banished. What a wonder-full 100 days it has been. I now have a whole new language that I feel fluent in.

Yes, we keep on going, don't we? I mean, we breathe, don't we? so yes, we create as well.

Thanks again, more than I can say, Rowena.

THEE DUCHESS SATURDAY said...

Dearest Rowena,
Check out the Institute of Children's Literature. They could help give you new perspective on your novel. The website has useful writing advice and even a blog. Congratulations on 100 painting days! You should challenge yourself to compose one page a day for one hundred days or even 240 days (the length of a young adult novel). Good Luck!!!
Sincerely, Duchy Camille!!!

Diana said...

Your what your wore today sketches are delightful!

I am envious of your hundred day challenge. I don't think I could have met it.

Glee ended up being very, very funny, in my opinion!

Hope you get well soon. I have been sick all summer with something :(

Rachelle Mee-Chapman said...

In 100 days...making a visual journal with me of course! (Haven't forgotten, just got waylaid when the flu jumped to the kids.)

Lots of Warmth,

Rachelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...