Friday, July 03, 2009

Flying Girl and Flowers, or Deluge

Flying Girl and Flowers, or Deluge
30/100 in 100 Creative Challenge, 7/1/09
Golden Fluid Acrylic on paper, 5x8"

This was inspired a day that woke up to poop, and just kept on going in that vein. I said to myself, "Self, this is a day for flowers." And then, as the sky opened up, yet again into the kind of rainfall that actually scares you with it's ferocity, I realized, the kind of days that are made of shit are the kind of days that feed the flowers... both metaphorically and literally.

I know the Northeast has been inundated with rain, but we had a hot dry streak instead, down here in Florida, finally broken by this system that just sits here and lets loose. I prefer it to the heat where I have to hide all day in shade and air conditioning.

Anyway, I once made a FG with flowers inside, also in a rainstorm. This one was definitely on my mind as I painted the new one (I used silver paint here, in case you can't see it). I notice she doesn't have an umbrella. She's not trying to take cover from the storm, she's just existing within it. I think I might list it in my shop as an original as soon as I figure out the shipping.

On the plus side, I think by tomorrow, I will be caught up with my paintings and my posts... thanks to a nifty series of ACEOs. Tiny paintings are a life saver when you're trying to keep the numbers up. Oh yeah, and a painting that I am choosing not to post, because it is U.G.L.Y. And it ain't got no alibi. But it still counts towards my total. :)

4 comments:

Leone said...

I have recently received the Watermelon #10 Award and am passing it on to you for all your lovely paintings. Please check my blog for details. Have a nice weekend.s

Miriam said...

I really like this...and the thought behind no umbrella. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Everyone in Paris is dressed like flowers today.

Karen Salva said...

You are so open and honest and fun to read! I do like this painting and even more so knowing you woke up to poop! I mean who says that...that was great!

It is so late and I need to catch up so much more with you so forgive me for going to bed now with a giggle. I will be back after work tomorrow...I will wake up to get out the door, child to camp and me to work so call that poop too! xo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...