Thursday, March 27, 2008

Forget About the Road Not Taken, I've Got This One Right Here, and It'll Do Just Fine

Whenever I am feeling stressed out about "where is my life going???" I remind myself that I am on an adventure. Life has taken some really unexpected detours. I have made some choices that have led me to some surprising places-- me? living in Florida? Nooooononono. Not I. But here I am and here is where I landed and these are the results of the choices I have made.

I feel like I am on the right path, but I cannot see the end of the journey. I can only go on faith that I am heading where I need to go. I also can't hold on to the idea that life should look any one way or another. I don't believe in holding onto regret, either, only in getting the most out of the choices that I have made.

So here I am, and I'm going to choose the life that is the result of the choices I have already made. I'm gonna work on the things that I can. Like my writing, and my blog, and my art, and creating the life that I want to live right now, not in some distant perfect looking future or some misty sentimental past.

Aww, heck. I think I'm gonna focus on this road right here, before I start worrying about the twists and turns and detours coming up in the future.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...