Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I've been working on this photo a day project for a few months now

And I must say, I think mama’s getting to be a good photographer. I’ve always loved photography, I am the daughter of a photographer, and I love to take photos, but except for the one term in High School, where I took a photography class, I have never really put significant time and effort into developing my skills.

I bought myself a 35mm camera for my 30th birthday and had a few enjoyable excursions with it. It wasn’t until I got my digital camera that I really had the opportunity to explore photography. I love that you can just snap away, hundreds of pictures, and not worry about developing things or rolls of film. I never develop them and they just sit in a drawer somewhere. I don’t know how to do my own development, either, despite that term of photography class and the old enlarger that my father gave me. But I do have an eye, even without the technique or the technology, so I’m really enjoying my project.

And this is a good time for it, with my kids so little and changing so quickly. It’s also a good time for me to have a project that I can put my energy and creativity into.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...