Thursday, April 19, 2007

Day

I needed to stop a moment and reflect.

I glanced back over my posts and realized how often they were about being blocked or not being able to write or not being... something.

So I wanted to take it from a different direction. I wanted to look at my life the way it is, right now-- not for what it's missing, but for what it is.

So today, I stepped outside onto the deck, wreck that it is from a difficult winter and my lack of attention, and talked to my neighbor over the fence. We talked about babies and the difficulties of living where we live and of how fast time goes and it seems that the last decade has just disappeared while we were living it. Maybe two decades.

And it was warm for the first time in I don't know how long. I didn't even wear a jacket. The leaves on the trees out there were just starting to unfurl, just enough to give the branches a haze of green. I brought Ivy out in her little pink jacket with the embroidered flowers and she looked up into the sky and blinked and then fell asleep in my arms while my neighbor and I talked. Gabriel was inside sleeping, after refusing his nap and being a crazy man all afternoon, then passing out after watching The Backyardigans on Noggin.

Spring is happening.

I have started taking pictures to document this coming year. At least one a day is the plan. And today, I took some pictures of Ivy smiling and of Gabriel holding Ivy and laughing-- before he got too crazy and made her cry.

So that was my day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...