Thursday, March 16, 2006

Yes

I'm going to try something today. Maybe for longer than just today. You see, I spend a lot of my energy and my time saying "no." There are many ways to do this, not just the simple no. There's, "I can't." There's "I don't want to." There's "I don't have the time/energy." There's also, "I don't feel well." I'm sure if I think about it, I can find other ways to say no, considering I've been doing it for so long and am so good at it.

Instead, I am going to say YES. I am going to be open to the possibilities of the world and the word. Instead of backing away out of fear of not being good enough or fear of the unknown, or whatever it is that makes me turn away from life, I am going to say, "okay, sure, why not."

Things open up when you say yes. Possiblities, projects, people, experiences. You. And it takes practice, too, but the more you get used to saying yes, the easier it is to say yes.

Let me be clear: this is not the same yes that is said to people please and over commit. This isn't the flaky yes, where you jump from one thing to the next, without ever committing to any of them. This is the yes of going deep. This is the yes of going down the path that you have chosen. This is the yes of not being frightened by what might come of those choices you have made. This is the yes of the warrior.

Grrrr! Arrgh!

I will face my life with joy. I will attack my challenges with love. I will say "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...