Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Cuddles and Reading

Spent some time at bedtime in bed with G cuddling and talking about his day. I was asking about his favorite cartoons and asked if Scooby do was his best friend, his favorite. He said “Mine!” which I thought referred to Scooby, but then he said, “Ivy!” and I realized he meant Ivy was his best friend, his favorite. And then he said “Mama” and then he said “Papa!” And I hugged him and said that he was my favorite too, and so was Ivy and Papa.

Then Ivy started screaming. Usually, I cuddle G then I take Ivy out of the crib and cuddle her in the glider, but she was having none of it. So I took her out and the three of us cuddled on G’s bed. That’s what I want. All of us cuddling in the same bed. And soon, I will be able to read to them both at the same time. Ivy is difficult to read to because she usually gets up and wanders around, so I’d have to get her to go down again… but I think it’s starting to work, she’s getting older and now and won’t just squirm and try to get up while I’m trying to calm G down. I’m really looking forward to the time when we can all read together. I remember when my sister and I used to sit in bed with my mom and read not just picture books, but chapter books and classic fairy tales. That went a long way to foster my love of reading.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...