ink, acrylic and pencil on paper
This year, I am going to do my damnedest to get my novel published. It's ready, now it's just up to me to put it out there.
When I told Jen Lemen of this goal, she gave me an assignment to create a mock up of my novel cover.
Immediately, the impulse is for me to say, "no, that's not what I had planned for the day," but considering that I say "no" too often, and my word for the year is...
sharpie, tape residue, and "vintage" foam core board.
..."YES" it was time for me to try the challenge. I took out my ink and my journal and searched for a likely photo reference (my first instinct was to use one of myself, but I really didn't want to paint myself for my book cover as the mc is not me) and got going.
This is what I did. Of course, when I get published, this will not by the cover. I'm not even sure it's the best cover for the book, but putting it out there, visualizing it, making it a real thing helps me to focus on my goals.
Thank you Jen for the good assignment and giving me a leaping off point for the rest of my year.