Sunday, June 11, 2006

Chapter 1

I think I’ve finished chapter one of my novel.

Hm.

I thought it would take longer, at least a week. But writing a novel is a game of inches. It’s the inches that add up to the miles long journey.

Oh, don’t get me wrong… it’s not “done” done. But I see the beginning and I see the ending. Needs some filling in, but it’s there.

I have been struggling for the last few days.

It’s funny how well the writing can be going and then all of a sudden, it’s a strain, and painful… yes… it’s constipated. I don’t want to sit down and write and when I do I’m confused and uninspired and dissatisfied. It seems as if it comes out of nowhere, but maybe it doesn’t.

I think you might be able to find my difficulty with writing coincided with G’s difficulty with sleeping.

He’s still having difficulty getting to sleep, but atleast he’s staying asleep once he cries himself out. And maybe I am getting used to the tension of a not-sleeping baby.

But here’s the question, do I keep going with my writing, and start on chapter two, or do I go back and start revising what I already have???

I think I should just keep moving forward. See what happens.

Besides, when I go to visit my mom, I should have time to revise what I already have. (chapter one! woo hoo!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...